- He received his B.E. degree in Communications and Electronics Engineering from the University of Guanajuato (2008, Mexico)
- He obtained his M.S degree in Electrical Engineering from the Center for Research and Advanced Studies of the IPN (2010, Mexico)
- He received his Ph.D. in Electronics Engineering with Cum Laude distinction from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) under the direction of Prof. Laura Lechuga working at the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) - (2016, Spain).
His graduate research work was in the design, simulation, fabrication and characterization of MicroElectroMechanical Biosensors (BioMEMS/NEMS), and the implementation of Microfluidic Devices using soft photolithography. In 2017, he started a Postdoctoral fellow at the Research Center in Optics A.C. (CIO, Mexico) and the Center for Engineering and Industrial Development (CIDESI, Mexico) with the objective of designing, implementing and putting into operation a clean room facility (class 10,000 / 100,000) for the development of micro and nanophotonic devices. Since June 2018, he holds and Associate Researcher C position at the Research Center in Optics A.C. (CIO).
- Lab-on-chip Nanoplasmonic Biosensors
- Microfluidics. Fabrication of Microfluidic Devices by SLA 3D Printing and Soft Photolithography
- Design, fabrication and testing of Microelectromechanical devices (BioMEMs / NEMs)
- Finite Element simulations using Comsol for different physics
- Metamaterials and Metasurfaces as biosensing platforms
- S. Marquez, M. Alvarez, J.A. Plaza, L.G. Villanueva, C. Dominguez, y L.M. Lechuga. “Asymmetrically coupled resonators for mass sensing” Appl. Phys. Lett. Volumen 11, no. 11, pages: 113101 and DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5003023 (2017)
- S. Marquez, M. Alvarez, D. Fariña, A Homs-Corbera, C. Dominguez and L. M. Lechuga. " Array of microfluidic beam resonators for density and viscosity analysis of liquids" IEEE Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems DOI: 10.1109/JMEMS.2017.2709944 (2017)
- V. Solis-Tinoco, S. Marquez, B. Sepulveda y L.M. Lechuga. “Fabrication of well-ordered silicon nanopillars embedded in a microchannel via metal-assisted chemical etching: a route towards and opto-mechanical biosensor” en RSC Advances. Volumen 6, Páginas: 85666-85674 y DOI: 10.1039/C6RA15485A. (2016)
- D. Fariña, M. Álvarez, S. Márquez, C. Dominguez, and L. M. Lechuga. “Out-of-plane single-mode photonic microcantilevers for integrated nanomechanical sensing platform” en Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical. Volumen: 232, Páginas: 60-67 y http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2016.03.041. (2016)
- D. Fariña, M. Álvarez, S. Márquez, C. Dominguez, and L. M. Lechuga. “Sensitivity analysis for improving nanomechanical photonic transducers biosensors” en Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. Volumen: 48(33), Páginas: 335401 y DOI: 10.1088/0022-3727/48/33/335401. (2015)
- S. Marquez, M. Alvarez, D. Fariña, C. Dominguez and L. M. Lechuga. "Simulation and characterization of hollow microbridge resonators for label-free biosensing ", Proc. SPIE 9518, Bio-MEMS and Medical Microdevices II, 95180U (June 1, 2015); doi:10.1117/12.2178981
- S. Marquez, M. Alvarez, D. Farina, C. Dominguez, and L. M. Lechuga, “Towards a biosensing multiple platform based on an array of hollow microbridge resonators,” en IEEE SENSORS, 2014, ISBN: 978-1-4799-0162-3, pp. 329–331.
- S. Marquez, L. Leija and A. Vera. “Influence of Temperature Variations on the Average Grayscale of B-mode Images of HIFU-Induced Lesions”, en 2010 Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), ISBN: 978-1-4244-4123-5.
- S. Marquez, L. Leija and A. Vera. “Characterization of ultrasound images of HIFU-induced lesions by extraction of its morphological properties”, 2010 7th International Conference on Electrical Engineering Computing Science and Automatic Control (CCE), ISBN: 978-1-4244-7314-4.