Dr. Marija Strojnik developed autonomous optical navigation technique, based on star field identification. For this research, the International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE) awarded her George Goddard Award. Every year, she organizes a conference on Infrared Remote Sensing and Instrumentation for the SPIE. She was a topical editor of several international journals, including Applied Optics, and twice invited guest editor for Optical Engineering. Currently, she is Associate Editor for Optics Express, and Infrared Physics and Technology, among others. Dr. Strojnik is a member of the Scientific Honor Society Sigma Xi and the Mexican Academy of Science. She is a Fellow of the OSA and the SPIE.
- Dr. Strojnik performs research to develop novel concepts for detection of planets outside our solar system. She actively participates in the international community for infrared remote sensing, including the space-based applications. In the research group, she is involved in the propagation of radiation through biological samples, infrared thermography, and detection of low-light-level signals.
- Marija Strojnik, Mario D’Acunto, and Antoni Rogalski. ADVANCED INFRARED TECHNOLOGY AND APPLICATIONS: INTRODUCTION. APPLIED OPTICS, Vol. 57, Issue 18,pp. AITA1-AITA4, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.57.0AITA1.
- Jorge L. Flores, Marija Stronik, Antonio Muñoz, G. Garcia-Torales, Sotero Ordoñes, and Adán Cruz. DYNAMIC 3D SHAPE MEASUREMENT BY ITERATIVE PHASE SHIFTING ALGORITHMS AND COLORED FRINGE PATTERNS. OPTICS EXPRESS, Vol. 26, Issue 10, pp. 12403-12414, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.26.012403.
- Beethoven Bravo-Medina, Marija Strojnik, Guillermo Garcia-Torales, Hector Torres-Ortega, Ruben Estrada-Marmolejo, Anuar Beltrán-González, and Jorge L. Flores. Error compensation in a pointing system based on Risley prisms. Applied Optics Vol. 56, Issue 8, pp. 2209-2216 (2017) https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.56.002209
- Perciante, Cesar D.; Strojnik, Marija; Paez, Gonzalo; J. Matias Di Martino; Gastón A. Ayubi; Jorge L. Flores and José A. Ferrari. Wrapping-free phase retrieval with applications to interferometry, 3D-shape profiling, and deflectometry. Applied Optics Vol: 54 Num: 10 Pags: 3018-3023, F.I.: 1.784 DOI:10.1364/AO.54.003018
- F. Corral, M. Strojnik, and G. Paez, “Tissue characterization with ballistic photons: counting scattering and/or absorption centres”, OPTO−ELECTRONICS REVIEW 23(1), 44–52 (2015)DOI: 10.1515/oere−2015−0011
- Marija Strojnik. Point spread function of (multiple) Bracewell interferometric configuration(s) and the nulling hypothesis in planet detection. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing 084981 Vol. 8 DOI: 10.1117/1.JRS.8.084981
- Marija Strojnik, Michelle K. Scholl. Extrasolar planet observatory on the far side of the moon. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing 084982 Vol. 8 DOI: 10.1117/1.JRS.8.084982
- M. Strojnik, G Paez, “Spectral dependence of absorption sensitivity on concentration of oxygenated hemoglobin: pulse oximetry implications,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 18 (10), 108001 (Feb. 02, 2014)
- J. C. Ramirez-Granados, G. Paez, and M. Strojnik, “Three-dimensional reconstruction of subsurface defects by using pulsed thermography videos,” Applied. Optics 51(16), 1153-1161 (2012).
- C. Ramirez, M. Strojnik, “Estimation of the degree asphericity of a glass sphere using a vectorial shearing interferometer,” Optics Communications, 284, 1517-1525 (2011).
- C. Vasquez-Jaccaud, M. Strojnik, G. Paez, “Effects of a star as an extended body in extra-solar planet search,” Journal of Modern Optics, 57 (18), pp 1808–1814 (2010).
- P. Vacas-Jacques, M. Strojnik, G. Paez, “Forward-calculated analytical interferograms in pass-through photon-based biomedical transillumination,” JOSA A, 26, (3), 602-612 (2009).