Luis Valentín-Coronado, PhD, received his Bachelor degree (2005) in Electronic Engineering at the Instituto Tecnológico de Celaya (ITC), his Master degree (2009) in Electrical Engineering at the Universidad de Guanajuato (UG) and his PhD (2014) in Computer Science at the Centro de Investigaciones en Matemáticas (CIMAT A.C.). Between August to December 2012, he did an internship at the Coordinated Science Laboratory of the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaing.
As of February 2015, he became a postdoctoral researcher at the Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica Óptica y Electrónica (INAOE). During his postdoctoral research stay he was part of the service robots team of the computer science department at INAOE. He also was part of the first Mexican team to participate International Micro Air Vehicle competition (IMAV) 2016, held in Beijing, China where we won 2nd Place.
In 2017 he joined to the Centro de Investigaciones en Óptica (CIO) as a CONACyT Fellow researcher. He is member of the Solar Energy Research and Engineering Group (GIIE-Sol) where his is working on robotics applied to the solar energy.
- Mobile Robots
- Robot motion planning
- Computer Vision
- Jose Martinez-Carranza, Luis Valentin, Francisco Márquez-Aquino, Juan Carlos González-Islas y Nils Loewen. Obstacle Detection during Autonomous Flight of Drones Using Monocular SLAM. In Journal of Research in Computing Science. Vol. 114, ISSN 1870-4069. May 2016.
- I. Becerra, Luis Valentín-Coronado, Rafael Murrieta-Cid and J.-C. Latombe. Reliable Confirmation of an Object Identity by a Mobile Robot: A Mixed Appearance/Localization-Driven Motion Approach, International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol 35, No 10, pages 1207-1233, September 2016.
- Luis Valentin, Rafael Murrieta-Cid, Lourdes Muñoz, Rigoberto Lopez Padilla and Moises Alencastre. Motion Strategies for Exploration and Map-Building under Uncertainty with Multiple Heterogeneous Robot, Journal Advanced Robotics, Vol 28, No 17, pages 1133-1149, July 2014.
- Luis M. Valentin Coronado, Victor Ayala Ramirez, and Raul E. Sanchez Yanez. Some experiments on a geometrical approach to build maps in indoor environments, Journal Research in Computing Science, ISSN: 1870-4069, Vol. 42, pages 213-223, May 2009.
- Luis Valentin, Sergio A. Serrano, Reinier Oves García, Anibal Andrade, Miguel A. Palacios-Alonso and L. Enrique Sucar. A cloud-based Architecture for Smart Video Surveillance. 2nd. International Conference on Smart Data and Smart Cities, 2017.
- Reinier Oves García, Luis Valentin, Sergio A. Serrano, Miguel A. Palacios-Alonso and L. Enrique Sucar. Geovisualization for Smart Video Surveillance. 2nd. International Conference on Smart Data and Smart Cities.
- RO García, L. Valentin, CP Risquet and LE Sucar. A Pathline-Based Background Subtraction Algorithm. Mexican Conference on Pattern Recognition, (pp. 179-188).
- I. Becerra, L. Valentin, R. Murrieta-Cid and J.-C. Latombe. Appearance-based Motion Strategies for Object Detection, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pages 6455-6461, Hong Kong, China, ICRA 2014.
- Luis M. Valentin Coronado, Victor Ayala Ramirez and Raul E. Sanchez Yanez. Error Modeling of Mapping Approaches Using Mobile Robots, Proc. III Conference of University of Guanajuato IEEE Student Chapter, (pp. 22-25), Salamanca, México, Nov. 24-25, 2009.