Gerardo Flores received the B.S degree in Electronic Engineering with honors from the Instituto Tecnológico de Saltillo, Mexico in 2000; the M.S. degree in Automatic Control from CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico City, in 2010; and the Ph.D. degree in Systems and Information Technology from the Heudiasyc Laboratory of the Université de Technologie de Compiègne - Sorbonne Universités, France in October 2014.
From November 2014 to July 2016, he was a post-doctoral researcher with the Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Mexico City. Since August 2016, he has been full time researcher and Head of the Perception and Robotics LAB with the Centro de Investigaciones en Óptica, León Guanajuato, Mexico.
He has been published more than 30 papers in the areas of control systems, computer vision and robotics. He has been member of the Sistema Nacional de Investigadores since 2014.
My research interests are focused on the theoretical and practical problems arising from the development of autonomous robotic systems and vision systems. I’m especially interested in the following topics.
- Artificial vision
- Theory and applications of intelligent systems
- Control of nonlinear systems
- Design, conception and control of unmanned vehicles; terrestrial, aerial and submarine types
- A.E. Rodríguez, J.A. Torres, J.R. Pérez-Correa, A.R. Domínguez, R. Luna and Gerardo Flores, Robust State Estimation in Presence of Parametric Uncertainty by NL-PI observers. An Application to Continuous Microbial Cultures, IEEE Latin America Transactions, Volume: 14, Issue: 3, Pages: 1199 – 1205, 2016.
- A.E. Rodríguez, J.A. Torres, A.R. Domínguez and Gerardo Flores, Nonlinear Robust Control for a Photobioreactor in Prescence of Parametric Disturbances, Revista Mexicana de Ingeniería Química, 2016.
- S. Zhuo, Gerardo Flores, et al., Real-time object detection and pose estimation using stereo vision. An application for a Quadrotor MAV, 3rd IFAC Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems, RED-UAS’15, Cancún, Mexico, November 23-25, pp. 72-77, 2015.
- Héctor Escamilla, Gerardo Flores et al., Robust path following using a small fixed-wing airplane for aerial research, The IEEE 2015 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS’15), Denver, Colorado, USA, June 9-12, pp. 1270 - 1278, 2015.
- Quad rotorcraft switching control: An application for the task of path following LRG Carrillo, Gerardo Flores, et al. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 22 (4), 1255-1267.
- A nonlinear control law for hover to level flight for the quad tilt-rotor UAV, Gerardo Flores et al., World Congress 19 (1), 11055-11059.
- 6-DOF hovering controller design of the Quad Tiltrotor aircraft: Simulations and experiments Gerardo Flores et al., 53rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 6123-6128
- Lyapunov-based controller using singular perturbation theory: An application on a mini-uav Gerardo Flores et al. 2013 American Control Conference, 1596-1601
- Lyapunov-Based Switching Control for a Road Estimation and Tracking Applied on a Convertible MAV Gerardo Flores et al., AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Conference 2013.
- Vision-Based Window Estimation for MAV in Unknown Urban Environments S Zhou, Gerardo Flores, et al., IFAC Proceedings Volumes 46 (30), 107-111.
- Gerardo Flores et al., Modeling and Control of mini UAV, in Flight formation control, pp 99-134, edited by J. Guerrero, John Wiley and Sons, 2012.
- Quad-tilting rotor convertible MAV: Modeling and real-time hover flight control Gerardo Flores et al. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems 65 (1-4), 457-471.
- PID Switching Control for a Highway Estimation and Tracking Applied on a Convertible Mini-UAV Gerardo Flores, et al., IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC 2012). Maui, Hawaii, USA, 3110-3115.
Gerardo Flores, PhD
+52 (477) 441 42 00 Ext. 146
Office 843 Buliding D
Centro de Investigaciones en Óptica, A.C.
Loma del Bosque 115, Col. Lomas del Campestre
León, Guanajuato, Mexico. CP 37150