Dr. Eden Morales-Narváez (orcid: 0000-0002-1536-825X, h-index: 18) received a degree in Bionics Engineering from the National Polytechnic Institute (IPN) of Mexico in 2006 and the PhD in Biomedical Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), Spain in 2013. He was a Postdoctoral Research Scientist at Nanobioelectronics and Biosensors Group (led by Prof. Arben Merkoçi), Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2), Barcelona Spain. His research is focused on the development and application of micro/nanomaterials-based sensing platforms for small molecules, proteins and cell analysis, particularly using graphene related-materials, quantum dots nanocrystals, nanocellulose and optical transduction systems at the cutting-edge. He has published several papers in leading scientific journals related to advanced materials, nanotechnology, multidisciplinary chemistry, miniaturization and biosensing technology. He is currently a Full Research Scientist at CIO and head of the Biophotonic Nanosensors Laboratory. He is a lecturer in Biophotonics and Photonic Materials at CIO. He also serves as an Associate Editor to Frontiers, Nanobiotechnology Section.
- Optically active nanomaterials
- Graphene and 2D materials
- Wearable devices
- Point of care devices
- Microarray technology
- In vitro diagnostics
- Salomón Marquez, Eden Morales-Narváez, Nanoplasmonics in paper-based analytical devices, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology 2019, https://doi.org/10.3389/fbioe.2019.00069
- Eden Morales-Narvaéz, Arben Merkoçi, Graphene Oxide as an Optical Biosensing Platform: a Progress Report. Advanced Materials. 2019, 31, 1805043, https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201805043
- Erika Rodríguez-Sevilla, Gloria Verónica Vázquez, and Eden Morales-Narváez. Simple, Flexible, and Ultrastable Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering Substrate Based on Plasmonic Nanopaper Decorated with Graphene Oxide. Adv. Optical Mater. 2018, 1800548. https://doi.org/10.1002/adom.201800548
- Alejandro Zamora-Gálvez, Eden Morales-Narváez, Javier Romero, Arben Merkoçi. Photoluminescent lateral flow based on non-radiative energy transfer for protein detection in human serum. Biosensors and Bioelectronics Volume 100, 15 February 2018, Pages 208-213 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2017.09.013
- Hamed Golmohammadi, Eden Morales-Narváez, Tina Naghdi and Arben Merkoçi. Nanocellulose in Sensing and Biosensing. Chem. Mater., 2017, 29 (13), pp 5426–5446 DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.7b01170
- Alejandro Zamora-Gálvez, Eden Morales-Narváez, Carmen C. Mayorga-Martinez, Arben Merkoçi. Nanomaterials connected to antibodies and molecularly imprinted polymers as bio/receptors for bio/sensor applications. Applied Materials Today Volume 9, December 2017, Pages 387-401. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmt.2017.09.006
- Jessica G. Barajas-Carmona, Leydi Francisco-Aldana, Eden Morales-Narváez, Wearable Nanoplasmonic Patch Detecting Sun/UV Exposure, Analytical Chemistry 2017, 89:13589
- Nopchulee Cheeveewattanagul, Eden Morales-Narváez, et al., Straightforward Immunosensing Platform Based on Graphene Oxide-Decorated Nanopaper: A Highly Sensitive and Fast Biosensing Approach, Advanced Functional Materials 2017, 27:1702741
- E Morales-Narváez, L Baptista-Pires, A Zamora-Gálvez, A Merkoçi, Graphene-Based Biosensors: Going Simple, Advanced Materials 2017, 29: 1604905
- E Morales-Narváez, H Golmohammadi, T Naghdi, H Yousefi, U Kostiv, D Horak, N Pourreza, A Merkoçi, Nanopaper as an Optical Sensing Platform, ACS Nano 2015, 9:7296. (Highlighted in Nature Nanotechnology, doi:10.1038/nnano.2015.183)
- E Morales-Narváez, T Naghdi, E Zor. A Merkoçi, Photoluminescent Lateral-Flow Immunoassay Revealed by Graphene Oxide: Highly Sensitive Paper-Based Pathogen Detection, Analytical Chemistry 2015, 87:8573.
- E Morales-Narváez, M Guix, M Medina-Sánchez, CC Mayorga-Martinez, A Merkoçi, Micromotor Enhanced, Microarray Technology for Protein Detection, Small 2014, 10:2542.
- E Morales-Narváez, A Hassan, A Merkoçi, Graphene oxide as a pathogen-revealing agent: sensing with a digital-like response, Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2013, 52:13779.
- E Morales-Narváez, A Merkoçi, Graphene Oxide as an Optical Biosensing Platform, Advanced Materials (Front Cover Article, Highly Cited Paper) 2012, 24:3298.
- E Morales-Narváez, H Montón, A Fomicheva, A Merkoçi, Signal enhancement in antibody microarray using Quantum Dots nanocrystals: Application to potential Alzheimer biomarker screening, Analytical Chemistry 2012, 84:6821.