Dr. Cristina Elizabeth Solano Sosa
Position: Investigador Titular C
Place and Date of Birth: May 27, 1953 in Mexico City DF.
She studied Physics at the Faculty of Sciences of the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM). Her thesis topic was: "Basic Principles of Holography, Space Filtering and Fabry-Perot Interferometer" directed by Dr. Sergio Calixto Carrera.
She later completed graduate studies at Imperial College in London, England where she obtained a master's degree in Applied Optics and Diploma of Imperial College member. With a thesis entitled "Design of Microscope Objectives," directed by Prof. Mike Kidger.
Doctoral studies were conducted at Laval University in Quebec City in Canada. Developing her thesis with the title: "The Sensibilitation des Couches of Gelatine utilisées pour le traitment et des Images et Polarisee the holographie Conventionelle," advised by Professors R. A. Lessard and P.C. Roberge.
At the end she joined the CIO (1986) where she has conducted his research in the group of holography.
- Outreach Activities
- Photoanisotropic materials
- Diffractive elements
- Outreach Coordinator at CIO organizing activities like the CIO´s Science Museum, Temporary exhibitions, science workshops inside and outside the institution, visits to schools and astronomical observations
- Cristina Solano y Charvel Lopez. OPTICS TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR PRIMARY TEACHERS: USING THE NEW MEXICAN EDUCATION PROGRAM. PROC. SPIE 10741, OPTICS EDUCATION AND OUTREACH V, 1074107 (14 SEPTEMBER 2018); DOI: https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2321274
- Torres-Rocha Olga, Rodríguez-González Rosa, Larios-López Leticia, Martínez-Ponce Geminiano, Solano Cristina, Navarro-Rodríguez Dámaso, Structural and photoresponsive behavior of a series of (phenylene)azobenzene-containing liquid-crystalline methacrylic copolymers, Polymer International, Polym Int; 63: 652–659, DOI 10.1002/pi.4555, (2014)
- T. García, L. Larios-López, R.J. Rodríguez-Gonzalez, G. Martínez-Ponce, C. Solano y D. Navarro-Rodríguez, Liquid-crystalline polymers bearing phenylene (azobencene)moities substituted with an electron-donor or electron-acceptor lateral group. Synthesis, mesomorphic behaivor and photo-induced isomerization, Polymer, 53,2049-2061 (2012).
- G. Martínez-Ponce, Cristina Solano, Carlos Pérez-Barrios, “Hybrid Complete Mueller Polarimeter Based on Phase Modulators”, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 49, 6, 723-728, ISSN: 041-8166 (2011).
- R.J. Rodriguez- Gonzalez, L. Larios-López, D. Navarro-Rodríguez, C. Solano and G. Martínez-Ponce, “Optical and Liquid Crystalline Properties of New Alkyl-Substituted Azopolymers,” Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., 511, 1753-1761, (2009).