Position: Investigador Cátedra CONACYT
PhD. Alfredo Benítez Lara earned his bachelor degree in electronic on 2006 form the Benemérita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla. The master and PhD. were done in semiconductor devices at the same university on 2010 and 2015, respectively. He did the postdoctoral research from January 2016 to September 2017 at the University of Texas at San Antonio. Now, he is a researcher at CIO by the cathedratic-CONACYT program.
HFCVD reactors designed and built at UTSA and BUAP. This system was designed for the deposit of thin films oxides such as ZnO and SiO2. The design is configured with tungsten filaments and H2 gas to target a solid source and subsequently deposit the material.
Micro Electro Mechanical system at BUAP. The MEMS was used to detect electric potentials in the brain of rats. The technology included patterning, etching and oxidation processes equivalent to a CMOS technology. This design has been installed in Physiology at BUAP.
Electron beam induced current and Cathodoluminescence (EBIC-CL) system design at UTSA during the postdoctoral period. The system has been designed to produce a synchronized signal with the scanning microscope registered in a Raspberry Pi 3 computer to generate images with the same field-of-view of the scanned region. CL part collects emission light from semiconductors and EBIC component can register images of the current induced and structural defects.
- Solar cell
- Development of Sensors (MEMS/NEMS)
- Instrumentation on electron microscopy
- Design of CVD reactors for depositions of luminescent materials like SiOx and ZnO for solar cells applications
- I. Vivaldo, M. Moreno,, A. Torres , R. Ambrosio , P. Rosales , N. Carlos , W. Calleja , K. Monfil and A. Benítez, “A comparative study of amorphous silicon carbide and silicon rich oxide for light emission applications”, Journal of luminescence, 190, 215-220, 2017.
- J.A. Luna López, D. E. Vázquez Valerdi, A. Benítez Lara, G. García Salgado, A. D. Hernández-de la luz, A. Morales Sánchez, F.J. Flores Gracia, and M. A. Dominguez, “Optical and Compositional Properties of SiOx Films Deposited by HFCVD: Effect of the Hydrogen Flow”, Journal of Electronic Materials, 46, 4, 2017.
- R. Mendez-Camacho, M. Lope-Lopez, V.H. Méndez, D. Valdez-Perez, E. Ortega, A. Benitez, A. Ponce, E. Cruz-Hernandez, “Nanowire Y-junctions formation during self-faceting on high index GaAs substrates”, Royal Society of Chemistry, 7, 17813, 2017.
- E. Ortega, A. Ponce, U. Santiago, D. Alducin, A. Benitez-Lara, G. Plascencia-Villa, M. José-Yacamán, “Structural damage reduction in protected gold clusters by electron diffraction methods”, Adv Struct Chem Imag, 2, 12 (2016).
- W. Hsu, T. Kim, A. Benitez-Lara, H. Chou, A. Dolocan, A. Rai, M.J. Arellano-Jimenez, M. Palard, M. Jose-Yacaman, S.K. Banerjee, “Diffusion and recrystallization of B implanted in crystalline and pre-amorphized Ge in the presence of F”, J. App .Phys., 120, 015701 (2016).