She got the master in science degree (High energy physics) in Louvain University, Belgium. In 1999 she got the PhD in Optical Sciences in the Fiber Optics department of CIO, in Quantum Characterisation of fiber lasers.
She had a temporal position at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory. In 2000, she had a postdoctoral position in the university of Roma “Tor Vergata” in Italy.
Silicon nano-particles doped optical fibers- Rare earths co-doped phosphate glasses containing silver nanoparticles- Yb-doped yttrium-alumino-silicate nano-particles based LMA optical fibers for High Power Fiber Lasers- Spectroscopy of color tunable Y2O2S:Yb3+,Er3+ phosphors with intense emission- Yb –doped strictly all fiber laser actively Q-Switched by intermodal acousto-optic modulation.- Mode Locked Yb-Doped All- Fiber Laser Based on In-Fiber Acousto Optic Modulation.- Low Distortion, Continously Tunable, Positive and Negative Time Delays by Slow and Fast Light Using Stimulate Brillouin Scattering- Power Dependence of Four-Wave Mixing Parametric Wavelengths in Normal Dispersion Photonic Crystal- Random Laser Action inside a Photonic Crystal Fiber- Supercontinuum Generation in Photonic Crystal Fibers.
Now she is colaborating with: Dr. Mukul Chandra Paul Principal Scientist of Fiber Optics and Photonics Division, India. Christiano de Matos in Sao Pablo Brasil. Miguel Andres in Valencia España. Dr. Sylvia Jetschke “Institut of Physics High Technology” in Germany, yandG.A. Kumar en U.S.A.
- Ma. A. Martínez Gámez, Miguel A Vallejo H, A V Kiryanov, L Licea-Jiménez, J L Lucio M and S A Pérez-García. Fluorescence properties of Yb3+–Er3+ co-doped phosphate glasses containing silver nanoparticles. Methods and Applications in Fluorescence, Volume 6, Number 2. https://doi.org/10.1088/2050-6120/aaab6c
- I. Serrano-Fujarte, E. López-Romero, C. Elena Reyna-López, Ma. Alejandrina Martínez-Gámez, A. Vega-Gonzalez, M. Cuéllar –Cruz, Influence of Culture Media on Biofilm Formation by Candida Species and Response of Sessile Cells to Antifungals and Oxidative Stress. BioMed Research International, Article ID 783639, F.I.: 2.706 DOI:10.1155/2015/783639
- Miguel A. Vallejo Hernandez, M. Alejandrina Martínez Gámez, José L. Lucio Martíne z and Alexander V. Kir’yanov, Enhanced near-IR emission from holmium-ytterbium co-doped phosphate glasses containing silver nanoparticles, Accepted in Applied Spectroscopy
- A.V. Kir'yanov M. Paul, Yu.O. Barmenkov, A.M. Martinez-Gamez, S. Das, M. Pal and J.L. Lucio-Martinez, Silicon nano-particles doped optical fibers: Fabrication and characterization, Journal of Light Wave Technology, vol. 31, No. 11, 1762
- M. Paul, M. Pal, A.V. Kir'yanov, S. Das, S.K. Bhadra, Yu.O. Barmenkov, MA.A. Martinez-Gamez, J.L. Lucio-Martinez, Yb2O3-doped yttrium-alumino-silicate nano-particles based LMA optical fibers for High Power Fiber Lasers, Journal of Light Wave Technology, vol. 30, No. 13, 2062
- M. Paul, M. Pal, A.V. Kir'yanov, S. Das, S.K. Bhadra, Yu.O. Barmenkov, MA.A. Martinez-Gamez, J.L. Lucio-Martinez, Yb-doped yttria-alumino-silicate nano-particles based optical fibers: Fabrication and characterization, Optics and Laser Technology, vol. 44, 617-620
- G.A. Kumar, M. Pockherel, A. Martinez, R. C. Denis, I. L. Villegas, D. K. Sardar, Syntesis and spectroscopy of color tunable Y2O2S:Yb3+,Er3+ phosphors with intense emission, Journal of Alloys and compounds 513 559-565
- G. A. Kumar, Madhab Pokhrel, Alejandrina Martinez, and D. K. Sardar, Synthesis and Upconversion Spectroscopy of YbEr Doped M2O2S (M =La, Gd, Y) Phosphors. Science of Advanced Materials, Vol. 4, pp. 623–630
- I.L Villegas, C. Cuadrado-Laborde, A. Díez, J.L. Cruz, M.A. Martínez-Gámez and M.V. Andrés, Yb –doped strictly all fiber laser actively Q-Switched by intermodal acousto-optic modulation , Laser physics
- I.L Villegas, C. Cuadrado-Laborde, J. Abreu-Afonso, A. Díez, J.L. Cruz, M.A. Martínez-Gámez and M.V. Andrés, Mode Locked Yb-Doped All- Fiber Laser Based on In-Fiber Acousto Optic Modulation, Laser Phys. Lett. 8, No. 3 227-231
- Lorena Velázquez-Ibarra, Antonio Díez, Enrique Silvestre, Miguel V. Andrés, Ma. A. Martínez, and J. L. Lucio, Power Dependence of Four-Wave Mixing Parametric Wavelengths in Normal Dispersion Photonic Crystal Fibers, IEEE PHOTONICS TECHNOLOGY LETTERS. Vol. 23 No. 14
- Zhimin Shi, Aaron Schweinsberg, Joseph E.Vornehm Jr., M. Alejandrina Martínez Gámez, Robert W. Boyd, Low Distortion, Continously Tunable, Positive and Negative Time Delays by Slow and Fast Light Using Stimulate Brillouin Scattering, Physics Letters A Vol. 374, 4071
- M. Alejandrina Martínez Gámez, A.V. Kir’yanov, J.L. Lucio M. C. Wichers and G.A. Kumar, Near-IR emission from holmium-ytterbium co-doped alkali bismuth gallate and fluorophosphate fiber glass performs, . Journal of Alloys and Compounds 473500-504
- C. Cuadrado-Laborde, A. Diez, M.V. Andrés, J. L. Cruz, M. Bello-Jiménez, I.L. Villegas, M.A. Martínez-Gámez, and Yu.O. Barmenkov,"Applications of in-fiber acousto-optic devices", in Acoustic Waves - From Microdevices to Helioseismology, M. G. Beghi (Ed.), InTech Publisher, Viena, Austria, 2011. Chapter 27, pp. 595-636, ISBN 978-953-307-572-3